Advanced Installer 9.4 Build 46246
July 27, 2012
All time downloads
Description of Advanced Installer 9.4 Build 46246
Create .MSI installs in minutes
Powerful and easy to use Windows Installer authoring tool. Install, update and configure your products safely, securely and reliably.
Save on training costs
User friendly, completely GUI driven, with no scripts to learn, no databases to edit and no XML to write.
Save time to market
Develop with wizards, import existing IDE projects, integrate into automated build tools and source control systems.
Save on development costs
Hundreds of powerful features ready to use with just a few mouse clicks. Tons of functionality configurable for your installers.
Reliable Windows InstallersReduce your support costs
Fewer number of incidents due to improper installers. Enjoy reliable installers crafted with obsessive attention to detail.
Windows Installer ToolsSave on additional tool purchases
Included updater, launcher, bootstrapper, trialware, serial validation, dialog editor, additional languages and countless others.
Standard Windows InstallerIncrease customer satisfaction
Robust installers based on standard Windows Installer technology offering rollbacks, patches, autoupdates, etc.
Windows Installer SupportSave on consulting
Advanced Installers fanatical support team stands ready to help you with any installer questions you may have.
Switch to Windows InstallerSave on migration tools
Leverage existing investments. Repackage older installers, import MSIs, WiX projects. Use open formats, avoid proprietary traps.
What is new in version 9.4 Build 46246
New features in this release:
• Windows Server 2012 support
• Product SKUs based on serial numbers
• Styled progress bar control in enhanced UI
• Collapsible groups in enhanced UI
• Hyperlinks inside static text controls
• Backup and restore files and registry entries
• Installation path validation
• Feature conditions based on UI elements
• Persistent property values
• File move operations on component uninstall
• SQL Server Native Client predefined prerequisites
• Apache Tomcat predefined prerequisites
• ASP.NET MVC predefined prerequisites
• SQL Server 2008 R2 Express SP1 predefined prerequisite
Enhancements to existing features:
• Install Office add-ins for multiple applications using the same package
• Prerequisite support in Tomcat project wizard
• Optimized project summary information
• Initialization events support for sequenced dialogs
• Error when adding ShortcutsDlg dialog
• Error when testing maintenance UI for a digitally signed package with enhanced UI
• Error when importing an MSI which contains property values that start with text style IDs
• Crash when selecting internal properties in Table Editor
• Application froze when loading Digital Signatures page
• Remove operations were not executed during install
• Merge modules were duplicated in mixed 32/64-bit packages
• Multiple instances were not installed correctly in some scenarios
• Enhanced UI was not used when uninstalling a product instance
• "Application Shortcut Folder" path was not resolved correctly on Chinese Simplified Windows XP machines
• Localized user account names were not resolved correctly on Windows 2000
• Per-machine registration for licensed applications did not work correctly
• Project files were not updated correctly when opened in Visual Studio
• SharePoint Foundation launch conditions were not explicit about missing versions
• Rebuild option did not rebuild all builds
• Reserved additional disk space was not handled correctly for multiple builds
• ExitDialog finish actions were executed during maintenance if the dialog was skipped
• SetupTypeDlg dialog could not be removed in some themes
• Transparent controls on a tab host control were not rendered correctly when using Windows Classic theme
• Image button and image checkbox controls were not localized correctly
• Elevation shield icons was not displayed by image button controls
• An empty references list was displayed when trying to delete a folder
• "Use original installation path when upgrading" option was not disabled for side by side installations
• Incorrect banner image was used for PowderBlue frame in Azure theme
• Update URLs were not validated
• Volume cost list column header name disappeared when clicked
Add your review
Top popularity in Installers Uninstallers