Advantage Database Server 220.127.116.11
July 18, 2009
All time downloads
Description of Advantage Database Server 18.104.22.168
A high performance client-server RDBMS
Advantage Database Server is a high-performance client/server RDBMS for stand-alone, networked, Internet and mobile database applications. Combine SQL statements and relational data access methods with navigational commands and use optimised data access methodology. Advantage applications can be developed using a wide variety of languages including Borland Delphi, Borland Kylix, Microsoft Visual Basic, Microsoft Visual C++, Borland C++Builder, CA-Visual Objects and languages that can use ODBC, JDBC, ADO, ADO.NET and OLE DB.
Advantage Now Supports Delphi 2007 For developers using Delphi 8 or greater, the Advantage Data Access Components (ADAC) for Delphi are a complete set of VCL components that provide native data access to the Advantage Database Server and the Advantage Local Server in WIN32 and .NET applications. ADAC provides seamless integration directly into the Delphi IDE making it the recommended data access method to the Advantage Database.
Most importantly, developers converting from older, Win32 versions of Delphi using the Advantage TDataSet Descendant can use the Advantage TDataSet Descendant for .NET included in ADAC, to convert to .NET with ZERO changes to their database code.
• Triggers: a trigger is a piece of code that is similar to a stored procedure and that is executed on the server in response to an insert, update or delete operation. Triggers can provide a powerful means of maintaining business rules at the database level and are independent of the client application so can be used for enforcing complex security authorisations and for providing transparent and independent event logging and auditing
• JDBC Driver: provides Java applications with native access to the Advantage Database Server. The Advantage JDBC Driver is a type 4 driver and is 100% Java-based enabling it to run on any operating system that supports the Java Runtime Environment 1.3 or greater and communicating directly with the via TCP/IP
• Communications Compression: automatic communications compression provides reduced network traffic between Advantage clients and the Advantage Database Server. Compression may provide between 100% and 500% speed improvements when using slow networks (dial-up) with encrypted data and a 5% to 20% speed improvement with reasonably fast servers and a reasonably fast network (10/100 Mbit)
• Money Field: enables monetary data to be stored to an accuracy of four decimal places (a ten-thousandth of a currency unit). It will not lose precision when mathematical operations are performed.
• Data Dictionary Upgrade Functionality: ship different versions of a database defined in a data dictionary by comparing Advantage Data Dictionaries and generating SQL upgrade scripts to upgrade one data dictionary to be structurally the same as a second data dictionary
• .NET Data Provider: enables native .NET access to the Advantage Database Server including access to ADO.NET's Connection, Command, DataReader, DataAdapter objects and the Advantage API for low-level database control. The Provider is designed for optimal performance and flexibility for connecting to Advantage Database Server or Advantage Local Server
• Full Text (Content) Search Capability: for finding records containing data that matches search conditions constructed of search words and phrases combined with logical operators AND or and NOT and the proximity operator NEAR. Any character, memo and BLOB field can be searched and full text search (content) indices can be built on specific fields to enable extremely fast O(Log N) searches. The full text search function CONTAINS can be used in SQL statements and traditional record filters. Result sets can be ordered n SQL SELECT statements with the SCORE() function
• Stored Procedure (Advantage Extended Procedure) Enhancements: including a new AEP interface: An AEP is passed an active connection handle as opposed to a user name and password that can be used to perform all data operations without additional connections. AEPs can be called inside a transaction and all operations performed in the AEP using the active connection handle passed to the AEP are included in the context of the transaction
• COM and ActiveX DLL Support: with Advantage Extended Procedures to enable stored procedures to be written using Visual Basic in addition to other COM development platforms
• Advantage Extended Procedure Support: when accessing data via the Advantage Database Server for NetWare
• Advantage Clients: including the Advantage DBI Driver for Perl development environments on Windows and Linux operating systems, the Advantage PHP Extension for PHP development environments on Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems and the Advantage ODBC Driver for the Linux operating system
• Field Level User Access Restrictions: enabling field-level security
• Additional User Access Restrictions: via the data dictionary (delete, create, insert, select and execute on table, view or stored procedure)
• Maximum Size of Data in a Memo Field: eliminates the previous 64K character limit.
• Data Access: via native relational SQL or direct navigational database commands
• Database Engine: making use of optimised data access and locking algorithms
• Referential Integrity Support:including primary and foreign key definition and cascaded updates and deletes
• Server-based Transaction Processing: :eliminates database corruption
• Scalability: from local, to peer-to-peer to client/server environments using one set of source code
• Installation: using existing network file system and hardware
• Network Failure Protection:protects database applications against network failure and user error via a centralised storage management system.
Add your review
Top popularity in Database and Analytics
Data analysis and graphing workspace for scientists and engineers