July 2, 2012
All time downloads
License / Price
Description of Algodoo 2.0.2
Create your own 2D world
Algodoo is a 2D-simulation environment for creating interactive scenes in a playful, cartoony manner, making use of the physics that we use to explain our real world. Algodoo is designed to encourage young people’s own creativity, ability and motivation to construct knowledge. The synergy of science and art makes Algodoo as educational as it is entertaining. Algodoo applies a constructionist learning paradigm - learning by designing, constructing and exploring physical systems.
Algodoo is optimized for the Intel powered convertible Classmate PC and makes innovative use of its webcam for creating physical models from live photos, the touch screen and digital pen input for drawing objects, and the accelerometer for virtual experiments and very direct interaction with the physical simulation. Also read more about the Intel Learning Series Collaboration.
• functionality: create and edit scenes using simple drawing tools, save and load scenes, start and stop simulation, interact with simulation by click, drag, tilt and shake. Add color traces, force and velocity vectors for enhanced visualization.
• physics: rigid bodies, fluids, chains, gears, gravity, contacts, friction, restitution, springs, hinges, lock, motors, laser rays, optics.
• user community: algodoo and its precursor Phun has a large community. Among the users are youths, animators, teachers and science centers.
• portal: The algodoo portal enables educators to exchange ideas, lectures and scenes, as well as collaborative work between pupils.
• methods: algodoo is based on highly competitive technologies for interactive multiphysics simulation, including variational mechanical integrators and high performance numerical methods.
Algodoo video preview
You need to upgrade your Flash Player
Add your review
Top popularity in Illustration