Berkeley Madonna 8.3.18
January 20, 2010
All time downloads
License / Price
Description of Berkeley Madonna 8.3.18
Solve differential equations in milliseconds
Berkeley Madonna is arguably the fastest, most convenient, general purpose differential equation solver available today. It is relatively inexpensive and runs on both Windows and Mac OS. Developed on the Berkeley campus under the sponsorship of NSF and NIH, it is currently used by academic and commercial institutions for constructing mathematical models for research and teaching.
• Ordinary Differential Equations - initial conditions and boundary value problems
• Difference Equations - initial conditions and boundary value problems
• Multi-dimensional transcendental algebraic equation roots
• Discrete simulations using conveyors, ovens, and queues
• Change parameter values directly using the parameter window.
• Parameter Sliders - move the slider and the model runs instantly and displays the new solution.
• Automatic Scan of Parameter Space - define a range for a parameter and Berkeley Madonna computes and plots a family of curves spanning the range.
• Parameter Plots - select an attribute (min, max, mean, frequency, etc.) of any variable. Berkeley Madonna automatically plots the attribute as a function of a parameter.
• Sensitivity Analysis - plots the partial derivative of any variable with respect to any parameter.
• Optimization - searches the parameter space for a point that minimizes an arbitrary expression.
• Euler (1st-order)
• Runge-Kutta (2nd and 4th order)
• Adaptive stepsize (4th order Runge-Kutta)
• Stiff ODE solver (Rosenbrock)
• Custom DT - write your own equations for adjusting stepsize
Add your review
Top popularity in Teaching Tools
The essential tool to visualize, think, organize and learn