May 8, 2013
All time downloads
Description of BitComet 1.36
A free C++ BitTorrent/HTTP/FTP download client
BitComet is a BitTorrent/HTTP/FTP download management software, which is powerful, fast, very easy-to-use, and completely free. It contains many advanced features for BitTorrent download and extends its leading BitTorrent technology to HTTP/FTP to accelerate downloading up to 5 - 10 times faster, or more.
BitComet's chief features include an embedded Internet Explorer window for the purpose of allowing users to search for torrents within the program. Along with the features typical of contemporary BitTorrent clients, it supports UPnP gateway configuration, bandwidth scheduling, Webseeding, selecting downloads inside a torrent package, and NAT traversal.
When downloading, BitComet prioritizes the first and last portions of media files so that files may be previewed before they are completely downloaded. BitComet also allows users to share their torrent files on a searchable P2P network. BitComet uses the Kademlia (mainline) DHT to operate even when the tracker is offline.
BitComet is capable of downloading files over HTTP and FTP as well as bittorrent, and it includes download plugins for Firefox, Internet Explorer, CometBird and Maxthon.
• Preview while Downloading: Preview of MP3, rmvb, wmv, and qt is available during downloading process.
• Intelligent Connection Optimization: Configuration is automatically set to match your connection type.
• Intelligent Disk Cache: Memory cache is used to reduce the read/write frequency of your hard drive, therefore increasing service life.
• Quick Resume: The torrents can be seeded or resumed immediately without time consuming scans.
• NAT Traversal: Users behind NAT can now connect with each other by UDP.
• Auto Config ICF (Internet Connection Firewall) and ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) in Windows XP
• Auto Config UPNP port mapping in router (UPnP support is required in router, Windows XP is required).
• Option of Disabling and Setting Priority of Files in any torrent: Files can be disabled, so they are not downloaded, or set to higher or lower priority, allowing you to select which files finish first.
• Trackerless support (Mainline DHT): Torrents can be downloaded when tracker is offline using DHT.
• Support for Multi-tracker, and utf-8 extension, UDP tracker Protocol v2.
• Preview while Downloading: Preview of mp3, rmvb, wmv, and qt is available during downloading process.
• Ability of Multi-Section Download: Files are split into several sections which are downloaded at the same time to increase the download speed up to 500% or more.
• Ability of Multi-Mirror download: Mirror servers are automatically found for the file being downloaded. Data from these servers are downloaded at the same time to increase download speed 300% or more.
• Ability of Multi-Peer download: BitTorrent technology is integrated into HTTP/FTP protocol, with which BitComet automatically finds other peers and gets data from them to increase your download speed without additional bandwidth usage of the HTTP server.
• Support for Unicode: Multi-language web pages and encoded URLs can be correctly handled.
• Quick Resume: Stopped download tasks can be resumed from where they left off from both HTTP and FTP servers.
BitComet video preview
You need to upgrade your Flash Player
Add your review
Top popularity in File Sharing