January 28, 2013
All time downloads
License / Price
Description of Capsa 7.7.1
All in one network analyzer. Monitor network performance
As a professional network analyzer (also known as Network Sniffer & packet sniffer), Colasoft Capsa performs real-time packet capturing, 24/7 network monitoring, advanced protocol analyzing, in-depth packet decoding, and automatic expert diagnosing. It allows you to get a clear view of the complex network, conduct packet level analysis, and troubleshoot network problems.
Whether you're a network administrator who needs to identify, diagnose, and solve network problems, a company manager who wants to monitor user activities on the network and ensure that the corporation's communications assets are safe, or a consultant who has to quickly solve network problems for clients, Capsa is the tool you need.
• Traffic Statistics & Bandwidth Use - With Capsa's network traffic monitor feature, we can quickly identify network bottleneck and detect network abnormities.
• Advanced Protocol Analysis - Being able to support more than 300 protocols in the latest version, Capsa make it easy to analyze protocols in network and understand what is happening.
• In-depth Packet Decoding - As a packet sniffer, Capsa is able to capture all network packets transmitted on network and displays detailed packet decoding information in Hex, ASCII and EBCDIC.
• Monitor Multiple Network Behaviors - Colasoft Capsa can record global or scope-specific network events, containing four types of log primarily generated by the advanced analyzers: HTTP requests, email messages...
• Automatic Expert Network Diagnosis - Capsa is able not only to automatically detect and clearly identify network events but also suggest corresponding solutions. You may also set your own thresholds according to your network's characteristic.
• Visualize all Connections in Matrix - Matrix is a view that visualizes all network connections and traffic details in one single graph. The nodes around an elongated ellipse display the hosts in your network....
Editor's review for Capsa
Capsa is a great and affordable all in one network analyzer tool that will help you carry out your daily activities without being afraid of Internet threats.
But the first question that you ask yourself when you see this application for the first time is What CAPSA means ?
After testing it, I would say that CAPSA, apart of beefing a great network monitoring tool, means :
CAPSA's usefulness can be proved in two directions:
1. For system administrators
2. For companies management
1. Being a system administrator is not such an easy thing as it seems. This person is responsible for the good operation, without interruption and at maximum parameters, of the company network computers, including here the Internet connection up time, access restrictions, protection against attacks from outside.
Capsa is a reliable support for sysadmins, helping them with different actions such as: traffic & bandwidth statistics use, advanced protocol analysis, in-depth packet decoding, visualize all connections in matrix.
2. For the companies' managers Capsa is an effective tool for employees monitoring, in terms of controlling their access to web pages, chats on YM, MSN, ICQ, AIM or emails log, which leads to better security for the confidential information and sensitive data which employees have access to and, why not, a productivity increase.
Capsa has the following four built-in tools: MAC Address Scanner, Ping Tool, Packet Builder and Packet Player. We have to mention also that Capsa is ready for Windows 7. You can test this software in trial mode, as it has a 15 days demo period. For sure you won't be disappointed.
What is new in version 7.7.1
Adds the identification and decoding of the protocols: SIP, SDP, MEGACO/H.248, MGCP, Q931, SAP, H.225, RMI, Oracle, MMS, GOOSE, SMV, and GMRP.
Alarm notification now by both audio and email.
Added Custom Reporting capability for individual nodes within the Node Explorer.
Add your review
Top popularity in Network