Centurion Setup 24.0
January 4, 2013
All time downloads
License / Price
Description of Centurion Setup 24.0
Build professional software installer for Windows
Centurion Setup creates executable installation programs that are self-contained in a single file. A single file is easily downloaded, requires no software such as WinZip to decompress, and ensures that all installation files are present.
The installer's overhead is only 617 KB and the compression engine achieves a very high compression ratio. You will be amazed at how small Centurion Setup can make the installer. A small installer will reduce load on your web server.
• Centurion Setup and the installers that it creates run on all versions of Windows 95, 98, NT4, 2000, ME, XP, 2003, Vista, 2008, and 7, including 64-bit versions.
• Installers created by Centurion Setup may be distributed completely royalty-free.
• A Centurion Setup installer is bullet-proof and extremely reliable. You will never get a complaint from a customer that the installation program has crashed.
• COM files can be installed and registered with the operating system. This includes ActiveX controls and .TLB type libraries.
• To satisfy special needs, a batch of MS-DOS commands can be executed before and after both installation and uninstallation. Another batch can be run after the installer exits, perhaps to launch a custom configuration program.
• The installer can add exceptions to the Windows Firewall.
• Centurion Setup's installers can be digitally signed. Uncheck the "Use Checksums" box on the Build branch so that the installer will not report that it has been damaged.
• The installer can install to a default location or ask the end-user where the files should be installed.
• The installer can create Desktop and/or Start Menu shortcuts to any installed file. Desktop shortcuts can optionally be placed in a folder. Desktop and Start Menu shortcuts can optionally be made available to all users or only the user who installed the product.
• Any installed file can be configured to open during bootup.
• The installer can display a bitmap in the background, a solid color, or a transition from one color to another. The background can optionally cover the taskbar, or leave it visible. There can even be no background at all.
• After the installer is built, it can be automatically placed in a .ZIP file.
• The installer can require the end-user to enter a password before installation can begin.
• The installer can be bloated (with random data) to any size to help discourage piracy.
• The installer can refuse to install on certain platforms, such as Windows 95.
• Fonts can be installed and registered with the Operating System so that they are available to all applications. The end-user can be given the option to keep the font during uninstallation.
• The installer can replace locked files during the next reboot.
• Installers can be set to expire after a certain date. After the expiration date, the installer will no longer install.
• 64-bit applications are supported.
• The installer can warn or refuse to install if the user does not have administrator rights.
• The installer can loosen the security settings of the product's directory so that all users will have rights to use it.
• The installer verifies its integrity to ensure that it has not been damaged, altered, or infected by viruses.
• The installer can delete existing files based on date or size criteria. This can be useful when installing over old versions of your software.
• Installers can be built from the command line (DOS prompt). This allows you to create a desktop shortcut that will build an installer with a click of the mouse.
• Installers can span multiple disks.
• When the user is unable to uninstall because of a locked file or other problem, the uninstall operation can be resumed later.
Centurion Setup video preview
You need to upgrade your Flash Player
What is new in version 24.0
Added support for installing device drivers.
Add your review
Top popularity in Install and Setup