Circle Dock 1.5.5
March 8, 2010
All time downloads
Description of Circle Dock 1.5.5
Dock your applications and launch them
Circle Dock belongs to a genre of programs known collectively as "Application Docks and Launchers" which first appeared on Apple's Macintosh computers and later on Windows-based PCs. Most of these programs use a single line of items, unlike Circle Dock which uses "rings". With Circle Dock you have the possibility to toggle the visibility of the dock by moving your mouse to any edge of your screen. In fact, the term "Circle Dock" is now a bit of a misnomer since it can also present itself as an elliptical dock.
Application Docks and Launchers are designed to hold shortcuts to programs and display them in a convenient form. Circle Dock will conveniently appear when you need it and disappear when you don't. Unlike other Dock programs - and indeed the Desktop - Circle Dock allows you to have multiple layers so that you can group similar, or allied, items within folders. Folders can contain other folders as well as documents and programs. At the base is the (hidden) Main Window which is responsible for controlling the application as well as sending and receiving messages from the Dock's other windows.
All the visible elements - the background, centre button, dock items and their labels - are all unique windows created, positioned, synchronised and controlled by the Main Window.
The only time Circle Dock will consume a significan't amount of memory is when the main Properties dialog is displayed; however once this dialog is dismissed, the program's housekeeping routines quickly free-up memory and return it to the system pool.
• Launch your programs from a circular dock.
• Drag and drop your files, folders, and shortcuts onto a circular dock that you can resize.
• Rotate the dock with either your mouse wheel or the keyboard arrow keys.
• Change the image shown for the icons and change the skins (compatible with icons and skins for Rocket Dock, Object Dock, etc.)
• The dock appears where your mouse is by pressing a hotkey (default is F1) or your middle mouse button.
• Automatically works on all Windows Vista computers and most Windows XP computers.
• A new settings panel that allows you to customize many options. It updates your dock as you make changes. See it change in real time! No need to press an OK button.
• Multi-language capable. Just translate the English.ini file to the language of your choice.
• Change the image used for the dock icons with the easiest method out there: Just set the program to "Icon Replacement Mode" in the right-click menu of the centre icon and you can change all the icon images by just dragging and dropping new PNG images onto them! Huge time saver when you are customizing your dock!
• Rotate the dock with your mouse wheel or arrow keys (customizable).
• Click sensitivity adjustment for tablet users.
• Reorder the dock items by draging and dropping them over each other.
• Organize the dock items using dock folders.
• By default, clicking on the centre button does not open the start menu. You can enable this in the settings panel.
• Uses the default high resolution icons in Windows Vista.
• New easy method of upgrading from older versions.
Add your review
Top popularity in Launchers