October 28, 2012
All time downloads
Description of Daphne 1.53
Task manager replacement
Daphne is a small (system tray) application for killing, controlling and debugging Windows' processes. It was born to kill a windows process and became almost a task manager replacement. You can kill a process by dragging the mouse over the windows, by right-clicking the process in the main process list, or by typing its name with the "Kill all by name" command. You can set a any window to be always on top, to be transparent, to be enable, et cetera.
Although Daphne was born just to kill windows process. You can think of Daphne as a task manager replacement. The main window displays a list of currently running process with detailed information about: CPU usage, Process ID, Process name, Full path (and arguments), Priority, Class (Process / Service), Current memory usage, Peek memory usage, Current swap usage, Peek swap usage and Number of threads
• Enhanced (experimental) multi desktop feature: use up to four windows desktops using WindowsKey + F5 to F8.
• Installed software list for inspecting installed software available in tray icon menu. Installed software
• Check process hierarchy tree using the "Show process tree" at tray icon menu. Process tree
• Parent process name an PID at process' properties.
• Now you can make configuration portable using INI file instead of registry base configuration.
• Support for DRK's process data base information search and contribution.
• Hide application tool: drop the target over the application's window you want to hide. Later, you can restore the application from Daphne menu.
• Take care: process names may be eclipsed by malicious software.
• Find process window tool: identify the process which owns the targeted window.
• Traps: you can set up traps to be applied to any process being created.
• Detailed process list, including full path and arguments.
• Per process detail including: Windows tree, thread list, modules, environment variables.
• Using the windows tree you can: Show, hide, set always on top on or off, set focus, et cetera to any give window.
• Kill all by name: Kill all process using a given name.
• Kill menu: Customizable menu, each menu item has a process list to kill upon activation.
• Process list highlighting with colors for custom, system and high CPU-consumption processes.
• Control inspector window for revealing hidden passwords.
• Drag and drop tool for killing, setting alpha, enabling controls and putting windows always on top.
• "Hide Java VM from command line" option in advanced tab makes Daphne strip the path to the default Java VM in full path mode.
• Internationalization: Spanish, Italian, German, French, Chinese, Valencian, Polish, Russian, Portuguese and Japanese support.
What is new in version 1.53
• Open containing folder action for process in list
• Restored bug reporting functionality
• Minor bug fixed
Add your review
Top popularity in Launchers