Folder Guard 9.0
April 23, 2013
All time downloads
License / Price
Description of Folder Guard 9.0
Protect the access to your files and folders
Folder Guard is a powerful computer security software that you can use to control access to files, folders, and other Windows resources, such as Control Panel, Start Menu, and so on. You can use Folder Guard to lock your personal files and folders with passwords, to stop other users from peeking into your records. You can even completely hide your private folders from virtually all applications, and such folders would remain invisible until you enter a valid password.
You can also protect sensitive system files from modification or destruction, disable access to the removable drives, restrict access to Control Panel, and more.
• It lets you password protect your files and folders.
• It can hide your personal folders from other users.
• It can restrict access to Control Panel, Start Menu, Desktop, etc.
• It can protect access to the floppy, CD-ROM and other removable drives
• It is suitable for a wide range of the computer security tasks.
• It protects your files without encrypting them.
• It lets you quickly enable or disable the protection via a "hot key".
• It can operate in the "stealth mode".
• It supports easy recovery in case of emergency.
• It works with drives of any format.
• It runs on a wide range of Windows platforms.
• It is easy to use.
• It "speaks" plain English.
• It is not a toy.
• It is widely used.
• It offers the best value for the money.
• It is flexible.
• It can be used with other disk tools.
• It is extensible.
• It will save you hours of learning time.
• It is enterprise-ready.
What is new in version 9.0
• The user interface has been updated, that will hopefully make Folder Guard even easier to use than before.
• The Permissions command has been removed. If you used on this command in the previous version, you may want to use the Group Policy and Local Security Policy commands of Windows instead.
• The Trusted Programs list now uses the full path to the program's file to determine whether it should be trusted. With this change, if you have added a custom trusted program to the list in the previous version, you will need to add it again, using its full path.
• The protection of the folders on the mapped network drives is no longer offered. If you relied on this feature in the previous version of Folder Guard, you may want to use the built-in network security of Windows to control access to the network drives.
• Folder Guard now automatically handles the proper access to the desktop.ini files of the protected folders, to preserve the custom icons and other customizations of the folders, if any.
• Folder Guard no longer supports the pre-Windows XP versions of Windows (such as Windows 2000 and earlier).
• In order to use the filters of Folder Guard, you must now purchase a full (business) license. If you purchase a personal/home use license only, the filters will have no effect.
• Many other improvements and corrections have been made.
Add your review
Top popularity in Access Control