March 2, 2011
All time downloads
License / Price
Description of FormReturn 1.3.1
Optical Mark Recognition (OMR) software solution
FormReturn is OMR software (Optical Mark Recognition software) for Windows, Mac OSX and Linux. Used for the automatic processing of response information from bubble sheet questionnaires, it is a fast and efficient solution for multiple-choice data collection. Packed with features and easy to use, FormReturn gives anyone, computer savvy or not, the ability to quickly design custom OMR forms for distribution.
All returned forms are scanned and processed with FormReturn's built-in software OMR reader and stored in FormReturn's built-in database. Response data can be easily exported into a spreadsheet or database for quick analysis. All you need is the FormReturn Application, your existing printer and compatible scanner and you will be able to process hundreds of forms within minutes!
No need for ordering specially printed forms and much less expensive than most hardware-based OMR readers. Think of the time and money you will save by using this impressive, easy-to-use software!
• Integrated, Easy Setup & Easy To Use - Incorporating everything you need to design, print and capture scanned OMR forms in one integrated program.
• Cross-Platform - Written in 100% native java - FormReturn runs on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. FormReturn form editor files are also compatible between platforms. Furthermore, any Mac user who runs both Windows and Mac on the same computer can take advantage of FormReturn's per user license model - allowing them to install FormReturn on both Windows and Mac OS X on their computer.
• OMR Form Editor - Use FormReturn's visual form editor to easily design your own OMR forms. Create custom multiple-choice questionnaire, form templates, which can be used to collect and process response information into easy to read data. Import text into FormReturn, from forms you already use.
• Software-based OMR Form Reader - No need to purchase an expensive OMR reader, FormReturn will work with a good quality image scanner and use its software-based OMR reader technology to detect answers in image files.
• Automatic Form Processing - FormReturn will automatically look for form identifying barcodes in a form image. Once the form is identified to the system, the form is automatically processed with its correct template and the data is stored to the database ready for later export.
• Automatic Scoring - A handy feature for student assessments and other multiple-choice assessments - FormReturn will automatically score forms based on mark aggregation rules set for each question as forms are being processed.
• Form Personalization - Forms created in FormReturn can be tailored to each form recipient. Using Template Variable Replacement (TVR) you can customize the information displayed in forms such as first last names, student numbers, address information and more. Even more impressive, you can also assign custom segments to appear to form recipients based on fields such as skill level, demographics and any other group association data.
• International Language Support - FormReturn's interface is now available in English and Spanish. We also have plans to translate the interface into Traditional Chinese, French, Italian, Turkish, Arabic and German. If you so desire, you can translate the interface yourself by modifying the FormReturn interface translation files.
• Built-in SQL Database - Create database tables in FormReturn's database or import records from your existing database tables into FormReturn's database. Your database tables are used to store all form structure information and captured response data. You can also connect other programs to the database using a JDBC connector.
• Networkable - The client/server architecture of FormReturn is great for offices and workgroups. Share form files, captured response data and scanner resources.
• Print Quality Graphics - Quality print matters when it comes to a professional look. That is why we have added Scalable Vector Graphic (SVG) image support to FormReturn. The print quality of vector graphic images is much higher than bitmap images and gives optimal print quality without pixelation.
• Barcode Reader & Writer - FormReturn can read and write your own custom barcodes. This is done using the Barcode tool to add custom barcodes to forms and the Barcode Area tool to read custom barcodes. FormReturn supports reading many types of 1D barcode including Code 39, Code 128, Codabar, EAN13, EAN128 and 2D barcodes such as QR Code.
• Extendable Functionality - You can extend FormReturn's functionality though JDBC database connectivity. For instance, if you wanted to automatically link to a reporting program, you can do this via SQL queries to FormReturn's database.
Editor's review for FormReturn
FormReturn is an Optical Mark Recognition or OMR software compatible with Linux, Windows and Mac OSX. The FormReturn program is very adept at processing information automatically regarding responses from an optical answer sheet or a bubble sheet. It is a quick and reliable way to access and process the correctness of the answers given to the multiple choice questions in the bubble sheet question paper.
These bubble sheets or optical answer sheets have for each individual question boxes or set of ovals which are blank and have to be fully covered by the answerer. The filling is normally done by an HB pencil to facilitate the optical recognition of the relevant bar code associated with the box or oval shape and to return an ascertained value. Thus, the FormReturn program helps to grade the knowledge of the answerer and calculate the total right and wrong answers given.
The FormReturn program has comprehensive functions which allow any layperson with or without knowledge of computers to efficiently customize forms for OMR and distribute them to the end users. The answered bubble sheets submitted can be processed by scanning the same with the in-built OMR reading software in FormReturn and the results stored in the internal database of FormReturn. If required, these results can also be exported to another database or a spreadsheet for further analysis.
For such a complex procedure, your entire requirement is a compatible scanning device, a printer and the FormReturn software and then, you are in a position to start processing hundreds of answer sheets in a span of few minutes. You need not order specially designed pre-printed stationery or any expensive hardware specifically for OMR readings. FormReturn saves you not only time but also money with its user friendly and easy operational software.
Medical, research and educational institutions are the main proponents of FormReturn. The FormReturn can be put to use by myriad users for varied uses. For example, surveys can be conducted with the help of bubble sheets and the resultant answers analyzed with the help of FormReturn. Organizations can conduct research regarding the morale of their employees or the views of their customers and other channel partners and with the assistance of FormReturn, get a general idea where the organization stands in the eyes of both their employees as well as the external channel partners.
Other various uses by business houses can be for the automatic ordering forms, market research, in-house training and testing procedures and even forms for quality testing and assurance while community, government and political bodies may initiate its use for OMR based street or member surveys or even ballots. For the teacher, FormReturn will be a good help to assess his or her student in the most efficient and convenient way, such OMR hard copies have been a teacher’s companion for a long time already.
The FormReturn eases your work by automatically and optically recognizing and analyzing answers in a bubble sheet for you.
So bubbles away with FormReturn and save your time assessing multiple choice questions!
Add your review
Top popularity in Other Home and Education Apps