Description of Gasketed Plate Heat Exchanger Design 4.0.0
Thermal calculations for gasketed plate heat exchangersPHex is an easy to use tool which demonstrates the thermal calculations of Gasketed Plate Heat Exchangers, The plate dimensions and materials can be entered, this includes the size of plate heat exchanger and chevron angle (25 to 65 degrees).
• User friendly and easy to use with ability to save/load data.
• Estimate the Physical properties of more than 1450 components; the database has the ability to estimate Thermal Conductivity, Density, Heat Capacity and Viscosity. The database also included critical properties, boiling and melting points.
• Estimate mixture properties.
• Create you own database of Plates and Components. You can add your fluid physical properties and load the data to your project with a click of a button and more...
• Chose between S.I. or English U.S. units of measurements.
• Temperature and Flow rate estimation in the event of insufficient data.
• Heat load required (clean or fouled) calculations.
• Duty clean / dirty calculations
• Total effective area calculation.
• Surface area calculation.
• Number of plates calculations.
• Overall Coefficient (clean / dirty) calculations.
• Pressure drop Channel/Port/Total for Hot side and Cold side Calculations.
• Plate heat exchanger dimension calculations.
• Velocity through ports, Mass velocity through channel/ports calculations.
• Reynolds and Nusselt numbers calculations.
• Heat transfer coefficient calculations
• Summary of results with image to help in understanding.
What is new in version 4.0.0
Corrected a bug that causes the some measurement units in SI units to be displayed incorrectly
Added more fields to plates user database
Added the ability to change between channel spacing & compressed plate pack length as inputs
Some Minor changes to the interface
Corrected installation error