Google Chrome 20.0.1132.57
July 27, 2012
All time downloads
Description of Google Chrome 20.0.1132.57
Combines a minimal design and sophisticated technology
Google Chrome combines a minimal design with sophisticated technology to make the web faster, safer, and easier. One box for everything - type in the address bar and get suggestions for both search and web pages. Thumbnails of your top sites - access your favorite pages instantly with lightning speed from any new tab. Shortcuts for your apps - get desktop shortcuts to launch your favorite web applications.
• Sandboxing. Every tab in Chrome is sandboxed, so that a tab can display contents of a web page and accept user input, but it will not be able to read the user's desktop or personal files.
Google say they have "taken the existing process boundary and made it into a jail". There is an exception to this rule; browser plugins such as Adobe Flash Player do not run within the boundaries of the tab jail, and so users will still be vulnerable to cross-browser exploits based on plugins, until plugins have been updated to work with the new Chrome security. Google has also developed a new phishing blacklist, which will be built into Chrome, as well as made available via a separate public API.
• Privacy. Google announces a so-called incognito mode claiming that it "lets you browse the web in complete privacy because it doesn’t record any of your activity". No features of this, and no implications of the default mode with respect to Google's database are given.
• Speed. Speed improvements are a primary design goal.
What is new in version 20.0.1132.57
• This build contains an update to Flash player, v8 (22.214.171.124) and couple of stability/bug fixes.
•  High CVE-2012-2842: Use-after-free in counter handling.
•  High CVE-2012-2843: Use-after-free in layout height tracking.
Add your review
Top popularity in Browsers
Web browser with del.icio.us and Flickr support