September 16, 2011
All time downloads
License / Price
Description of GreatNMS 1.05
Standards-based network management and monitoring system
GreatNMS is a standards-based network management and monitoring system (NMS). It can discover, monitor and perform many functions with virtually any vendor SNMP or TCP/IP devices. It provides you with the consistent geographical view of your whole network (thousands of IP nodes), helps with its configuration, monitoring and troubleshooting.
It is client-server system which allows secure performing NMS functions by several remote users simultaneously . GreatNMS can be successfully used in both enterprise and service provider networks with carrier-grade reliability.
• Hierarchical maps: complete end-to-end network view and inventory.
• 24 x 7 performance and availability monitoring at multiple levels: network/map/submap/device/interface.
• Scalable to virtually unlimited number of network nodes (still GreatNMS server can be simple WinXP or Vista PC).
• Auto-discovery (via SNMP, TCP/IP and Microsoft Domains).
• Graphical links representation and link status background monitoring.
• Capability to manage / monitor any vendor SNMP or TCP/IP compliant devices
• Capability to compile 3rd party SNMP MIBs and create corresponding custom devices types.
• GUI Capability to build custom MIB monitoring application and assign it to 3rd party devices.
• Client-server multi-user system with multiple user profiles.
• Optional capability to use MS Windows Authentication and profiles.
• Rich and friendly GUI available to simultaneous users both locally (at the server) and via remote
• Web-based console.
• Secure remote HTTPS access via Web Browser, no special client software installation is required.
• Encryption and password system corresponds to the requirements of US Department of Defense.
• All SNMP versions supported (SNMPv1, SNMPv2, and SNMPv3).
• Embedded Telnet/Telnet over SSL/SSH/TL-1 configuration option for non-SNMP compliant devices. Both IPv4 and IPv6 supported.
• TFTP client and server included.
• sysLog clien and server included.
• HOST-MIB GUI support: CPUs load monitoring with thresholds alarms, software inventory report for all the devices supporting HOST-MIB (like Windows computers).RMON-MIB groups 1, 2, 3, and 9 GUI are supported for any RMON capable devices.
• GUI support for many other standard SNMP MIBs.
• MIB Browser included.
• Included special support for Cisco SNMP agents and MS Windows SNMP agents.E-mail notification of alarms with customized filters.
• Alarms are kept in standard SQL Database (Microsoft SQL Server Express is installed with GreatNMS).
• Allows viewing/reporting alarms per submap/device/port/interface.
• Northbound TL1,XML,SNMP.
What is new in version 1.05
Historical reports (up to 3 monts) of real ports/interfaces rates/utilization
Add your review
Top popularity in Network Monitoring
Network mapping, monitoring, management and administration