January 19, 2010
All time downloads
Description of Idlebackup 1.18
Easy backup for your data
Did you know that there are less than 20% of computer users who actually backup their data ? Considering our hard drives are usually choked full of important information, that's a staggering figure, especially since we are still working with electrical components with moving parts.
Automatic Backup software is hard to find as freeware, but Idlebackup can do this, download it here. Instead of an expensive online backup contract, you can start to make a backup to a cheap external hard disk. You can also use it for network backup.
• Easy to use backup program for both novice and professional users.
• Backup medium = any backup drive/hard-disk/usb-stick/usb-drive or network.
• Manual or Automatic backup (with a set interval time of 1 minute up to 99 days) either unconditionally or using idle time of the computer.
• Easy restore, select directories and/or files to restore (with mirror backup).
• 3 Backup modes:
- Mirror backup (no compression used), selected directories and/or files are copied to the set backup path. This allows easy browsing through the backup set the Explorer. Each next start of the backup, new and changed files are copied (therefore fast)
- Full backup zipped. This works like the mirror backup, but everything is copied to one zip file or (optional) a zip file for each selected directory .
- Sequential backup zipped (Version backup or snapshot). Everything is copied to a new zip file with a timestamps in the file name. This can be done in Auto with a set interval of 1 minute up to 99 days.
• Option "Synchronize backup" can remove unused files in the backup, so only files that are also present on the source hard-disk are kept. See backup description (not for zip files).
• In Automatic mode Idlebackup can work invisibly in the background, and only if idle (no keys,mouse actions detected). A key or mouse click stops a pending backup. The option "Input activity check" allows to switch of the idle activity check.
• Filter for the drives in the explorer tree, allows to hide uninteresting drives.
• There is a log file created for each day. The start/Stop time, eventual errors and when selected, all copy details are logged. The current day log file is also presented on screen, see tab sheet 'Log'.
• Backup status is visible by the icon color in the system tray and in the log screen.
• When a backup is started manually, you can select to shutdown Windows afterward
• Can also copy large files - more than 2GB.
• Backup mail data of Thunderbird, Outlook, Outlook Express (see page usage examples)
• Normal windows installing/uninstalling Executable can also be copied to any directory or USB-stick and started from there.
Add your review
Top popularity in Backup