MakeMKV 1.8.1 Beta
April 22, 2013
All time downloads
License / Price
Description of MakeMKV 1.8.1 Beta
Convert your videos into formats that can be played everywhere
The MakeMKV application was developed to be your one-click solution to convert video that you own into free and patents-unencumbered format that can be played everywhere. MakeMKV is a format converter, otherwise called "transcoder". It converts the video clips from proprietary (and usually encrypted) disc into a set of MKV files, preserving most information but not changing it in any way. The MKV format can store multiple video/audio tracks with all meta-information and preserve chapters. There are many players that can play MKV files nearly on all platforms, and there are tools to convert MKV files to many formats, including DVD and Blu-ray discs.
Additionally MakeMKV can instantly stream decrypted video without intermediate conversion to wide range of players, so you may watch Blu-ray and DVD discs with your favorite player on your favorite OS or on your favorite device. MKV stands for "Matroska Video". Matroska is a container file format, capable of holding unlimited number of video, audio and subtitle tracks, along with any metadata.
Practically this means that it is possible to put entire movie with multiple sound and subtitle tracks, chapters information and movie thumbnail into single file. Being open and patent-free Matroska gained broad support recently and quickly becomes de-facto standard for storing movies.
• Reads DVD and Blu-ray discs
• Reads Blu-ray discs protected with latest versions of AACS and BD+
• Preserves all video and audio tracks, including HD audio
• Preserves chapters information
• Preserves all meta-information (track language, audio type)
• Fast conversion - converts as fast as your drive can read data.
• No additional software is required for conversion or decryption.
• Available for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux
• Functionality to open DVD discs is free and will always stay free
MakeMKV video preview
You need to upgrade your Flash Player
What is new in version 1.8.1 Beta
• Improved compatibility of produced MKV files
• Improved handling for DVD discs with mastering errors
• Visual enhancements for HiDPI displays
• Many miscellaneous improvements
• Audio transcoding could fail for certain DTS HD HRA tracks
• Chapter names were inconsistent for blu-ray discs
• Some (rare) MKV files couldn't be opened
• Chapter names may be changed in GUI
Add your review
Top popularity in Encoders Decoders