MemTest Pro 4.0
December 26, 2009
All time downloads
License / Price
Description of MemTest Pro 4.0
Check your computer RAM for errors
MemTest is a RAM reliability tester that runs under Windows. It evaluates the ability of your computer's memory to store and retrieve data accurately. A correctly functioning computer should be able to do both these tasks with 100% accuracy day in and day out. A computer that fails these tests, perhaps because of old hardware, damaged hardware, or poorly configured hardware, will be less stable and crash more often. Even worse, it will become even less stable over time as corrupted data is written to your hard disk.
By running MemTest you can ensure that your computer's RAM is correctly functioning. It is wise to test this when you buy a new computer, install new RAM, or change the configuration of your machine (for instance, to overclock it). Are you the sort of user who likes to push the performance of your machine to the edge? Relying upon whether your machine will boot after your new BIOS tweaks is a poor way to determine the safety of your new settings. Use MemTest as a true test of stability.
• More detailed reporting of errors.
• Full command line control, allowing automated testing or periodic testing.
• Option to automatically spawn multiple copies of MemTest when this is needed to test all available RAM.
• Errors are logged to disk so that you can send an official error report to whomever you bought the RAM from. Also, if the machine crashes or is shut down you can read the log to see what happened.
• A "nice" mode which allows you to test RAM in the background during normal use of the machine.
• It can be run without the "first time user" messages.
• It does not pause every time an error is found, so it can be used to determine the overall reliability of RAM that is prone to errors, rather than just as a tool that determines if there are any errors at all.
MemTest Pro video preview
You need to upgrade your Flash Player
Add your review
Top popularity in System Utilities