Pale Moon 19.0.1
February 25, 2013
All time downloads
Description of Pale Moon 19.0.1
High speed custom built Firefox browser
Why settle for a basic build of your Firefox browser on Windows Operating Systems when you can have one that performs 25% faster? Mozilla does not provide optimized browser packages for Windows, while many Linux users get the advantage of a browser built specifically for their system. That needs to change!
So, here is the Pale Moon project: Custom-built and optimized Firefox browsers for Windows Operating Systems. Make sure to get the most speed out of your browser!
Of course, getting a faster browser is not just about optimizing the compilation process (building a program from its source code), but also about carefully choosing features and how to choose the best setup. This means that this browser, however extremely close to Firefox, does not have all the functions that Firefox has.
A few, carefully selected, features have been disabled that are not in high demand, and that do not interfere with the way web pages are displayed or function; all to maximize speed and efficiency of the browser. Please see the page with technical details to learn exactly what the browser supports, and what it doesn't support.
In short, if you need accessibility features or parental controls, then please visit the Firefox homepage and get the official, non-optimized build.
• Highly optimized for current processors
• 100% Firefox sourced: As safe as the browser that has seen years of development.
• Uses slightly less memory because of disabled redundant and optional code
• Significant speed increases for page drawing and script processing
• Support for SVG and Canvas
• Support for Firefox extensions and themes
Pale Moon video preview
You need to upgrade your Flash Player
What is new in version 19.0.1
• Fix for bookmarks giving an "XML parsing error" when set to "load in the sidebar"
• Fix for a double padlock display if a secure site would not supply a favicon
• Redone the mixed content https padlock image in 32bpp to prevent potential UI rendering issues
• Fixed a setting so no unnecessary code walking is done for the otherwise disabled accessibility features
• Fix (inherent) for add-ons and themes being marked as incompatible in Pale Moon x64 when they have a minimum version of 19.0
on October 24th 2010, 03:29
I did not really believe it would be any good - but how wrong could I be ? It loads very, very quickly, displays pages in an astonishingly short time, does everything I want it to do - even quicker than Firefox - and shuts down and releases memory quickly as well. EVERYBODY should try it !
Add your review
Top popularity in Browsers
Web browser with del.icio.us and Flickr support