Password Safe 3.31
May 13, 2013
All time downloads
Description of Password Safe 3.31
Secure all your passwords with this application
Password Safe allows you to safely and easily create a secured and encrypted user name/password list. With Password Safe all you have to do is create and remember a single "Master Password" of your choice in order to unlock and access your entire user name/password list.
Security starts with you, the user. Keeping written lists of passwords on scraps of paper, or in a text document on your desktop is unsafe and is easily viewed by prying eyes (both cyber-based and human). Using the same password over and over again across a wide spectrum of systems and web sites creates the nightmare scenario where once someone has figured out one password, they have figured out all your passwords and now have access to every part of your life (system, e-mail, retail, financial, work).
Password Safe allows you to manage your old passwords and to easily and quickly generate, store, organize, retrieve, and use complex new passwords, using password policies that you control. Once stored, your user names and passwords are just a few clicks away.
Using Password Safe you can organize your passwords using your own customizable references—for example, by user ID, category, web site, or location. You can choose to store all your passwords in a single encrypted master password list (an encrypted password database), or use multiple databases to further organize your passwords (work and home, for example). And with its intuitive interface you will be up and running in minutes.
Password Safe video preview
You need to upgrade your Flash Player
Editor's review for Password Safe
A major bonus for some and the bane of their existence for others, passwords have nevertheless become an integral part of our society in many ways and cannot be separated from many of the functions that we have to do day in, day out. Unfortunately, while the easiest solution of simply using the same password across any number of platforms may appear to be effective at first this is, in fact, a security nightmare as once your one password is determined your whole private life may be at jeopardy.
While utilizing a range of usernames and passwords is well known to be the best option to nearly everyone using computers today tracking these either physically on a piece of paper or electronically in a document on a system can be a challenge and major security risk - at least, it is without Password Safe. Designed to keep your personal information secure and keep prying eyes (electronic or otherwise) away from your precious passwords, the application allows for the quick and easy access to all of the information you need most without needing to worry about going through any number of hurdles in the process.
Requiring only a single master password to unlock its database (or databases, should you so wish to divide up your stored information), it allows for any number of usernames and passwords to be stored and organized as you see fit for ease of access and flexibility of application.
Best of all is that for all users around the world the application is absolutely free of charge, released to the public for general use in an open source format so programmer can even customize its base code to meet their specific requirements.
What is new in version 3.31
• Turkish translation added.
Changes to Existing Features
• Auto type now supports URL and email fields with l and m, respectively.
• Improved selection of subset of password: characters can be specified from the end of the password as well as from the beginning.
• Fixed typos in online help.
• Fixed typos in file format description text.
• Correct suffix appended to proposed filename when exporting to XML.
• Ampersand (&) is handled correctly in Password Policy.
• Compare DB results context menu items now enabled correctly in Read Only.
• Preferences that are stored in the database are colored blue again.
• Unknown database preferences are preserved.
• Minor issues related to password policy options.
• Password history date is now displayed in locale's format in entry's Additional tab.
• Expand entry's auto type value in Run Command's $a parsing.
• Don't report URL as copied to clipboard when it isn't.
• Opening a protected entry no longer causes a sound in Windows.
Add your review
Top popularity in Password Tools