May 1, 2011
All time downloads
Description of SecondShell 2.0.1
Enhance your Windows shell with this utility
SecondShell is a useful extension for the windows shell that will provide useful shortcuts for simple operations like resize, move, close, minimize etc.
• Maximize windows Horizontally or Vertically
• When you either need longer lines or more rows, but not full screen – customizable hotkeys.
• Move and resize windows easily
• While pressing ALT, click anywhere in the window and drag the mouse to move.
• While pressing ALT, right-click anywhere in the window and drag the mouse to resize. Works also with not resizable windows!
• Minimize and close applications easily
• Right-click anywhere in the window titlebar to minimize the window.
• Middle-click anywhere in the window titlebar to close the application.
• Use up to 10 custom hotkeys to launch your frequently used application
• Hotkeys and application paths can be set in the configuration file.
• Change the CapsLock button into middle mouse button
• Useful for netbook users, can be disabled in the configuration file if not needed.
• Disable and enable SecondShell with a hotkey or by double-clicking the tray icon if you need the original shell behavior temporarily.
Editor's review for SecondShell
Who doesn’t love app that makes their existing software a whole lot useful? I sure do and SecondShell fits nicely into this category. SecondShell is a lightweight software product packed with useful features that will let you maximize windows both horizontally and vertically. Other tweaks are implemented into SecondShell, tweaks that will surely make your work easier. You will get access to practical shortcuts for all you common tasks that you perform every day. Maximizing windows, resizing them, emulating the middle click are all possible with this tiny yet powerful app. Let’s analyze it with further insight into the product itself.
A useful feature provided by SecondShell is the ability to quickly toggle between maximizing your windows vertically or horizontally. This switch can be done in a very simple way. You just have to press some hotkeys (by default the combinations are Ctrl+Alt+Right arrow and Ctrl+Alt+Down arrow). This feature works great when you want more room in your window, to see a part of an e-mail or a line of code, and you don’t want the whole screen to be obscured by maximizing the whole window. Keep in mind that this whole function is a toggle so if you want to quickly revert to the window’s initial size; the hotkey must be hit again. Simple, isn’t it?
By using SecondShell, the moving and resizing of the windows can be done by clicking anywhere on the windows. Then you just have to hit Alt-click to move it and Alt-Right click in order to resize it. It’s a great feature and it works flawlessly. A key function that will be very handy for people using laptops is the possibility of transforming your Caps Lock key into your middle mouse button. As a result, the Caps Lock key becomes a substitute and things will flow smoothly. The title bar can be minimized solely by right-clicking it. The hotkeys can be defined by you and up to 10 different applications can be launched.
All in all, Second Shell is an excellent and useful software product. It’s lightweight, portable and as it comes as a stand-alone you can take it anywhere with you. Just unzip it and you are set to go. You can use hotkeys to launch up to 10 different applications and the minimizing and resizing of windows is useful. Your workspace will be more organized and your work can be completed in a really efficient way. SecondShell – a tiny product with big features!
Add your review
Top popularity in Shell Tools