November 15, 2012
All time downloads
Description of Sylpheed 3.3
Light and efficient email client
Sylpheed is a simple, lightweight but featureful, and easy-to-use e-mail client (mailer, MUA). Sylpheed runs on Unix-like systems such as Linux, BSD, and Mac OS X. It also supports Windows. Sylpheed uses GTK+ GUI toolkit. The newest version of Sylpheed works with GTK+ 2.4 or later (2.6 or later is recommended).
• Simple, beautiful, and well-polished user interface
• Comfortable operational which is built in detail
• Well-organized, easy-to-understand configuration
• Lightweight operation
• High reliability
• International and Multilingual support
• High-level Japanese processing
• Various protocols support
• Security features (GnuPG, SSL/TLSv1)
• Powerful filtering and search
• Junk mail control
• Flexible cooperation with external commands
What is new in version 3.3
• The ability of opening external eml files was added.
• Sylpheed now accepts mailto: and file: URL without command-line option.
• (sylpheed file:///path/to/file.eml)
• Attached files can be opened from the attachment tool menu.
• 'Export only selected messages' option was added to the message export dialog.
• The option to specify the position of the attach tool button was added.
• The header labels on the header view now have tooltips.
• Win32: mailto and .eml association are automatically set to default on Windows 7 on installation.
• The sylpheed.desktop file was modified so that desktop shells can recognize Sylpheed as rfc822 and mailto handler.
• Attached files are now placed first on the message view.
• The attachment tool menu was moved to the left of the header view.
• The option 'Toggle attachment list view with tab' and 'Show attached files first on message view' were added at 'Common preferences - Display - Attachment'.
• The import/export of messages became cancellable.
• config.rpath and install-sh script in the tarball were updated.
• The Japanese manual was updated.
• Win32: included libtiff library was updated to 3.9.7 (security fix).
• Some compilation fixes were made.
• A minor memory leak related to tooltips was fixed.
• The drag-without-button-press bug on IMAP folders was fixed (#93).
• The sylpheed.spec file was fixed so that it builds on x86_64 platform, and also builds sylpheed-plugins package.
• IMAP FETCH command response parser was fixed.
Add your review
Top popularity in Email Clients Utilities
Synchronize Google Calendars and Gmail with Microsoft Outlook