Tabular Data Viewer 1.0.35
October 29, 2009
All time downloads
Description of Tabular Data Viewer 1.0.35
Display comma separated or tabular text data
Throughout my illustrious career I have often been involved with manipulating data from textual sources, comma separated (csv files) or variations on that theme. Excel was often employed for this job but contains many inflexibilities, or clumsy interfaces when dealing with such data. Most notable among these is Excels row limit.
After much frustration I decided I could use a tool to simply display comma separated data and let me play with it in order to do my job, and the product was born. It went through many iterations and experimentations, and almost all of it has now been re-written at least once, so I did not start this project with a clear design in mind, it has evolved to my needs at the time.
At some point in the life cycle the underlying data source for the Report Viewer was seperated from the GUI front end and re-designed and implemented as an interface to an grid of data. As such almost any data source can be theoretically used with it, currently the product supports the database sources supported by the .net framework and textual data. However, I have not had time to write a graphical query builder for the product, so I have decided to "play down" this functionality.
• Opens data from any format of text file (or .net data source).
• Re-name fields in the table.
• Change the type of the fields in the table allowing correct sorting and filtering. This is particularly useful for text source data, for example changing a column to a date.
• Parsing errors are highlighted in the table.
• Rows can be set to auto-height to display multi-line rows.
• Quick filter access from a context menu on the table.
• One key press easy search to search the whole table.
• Row per page view.
• Export to text, HTML, and Excel directly.
• Print support.
Add your review
Top popularity in Word Processing
Wave To Text v5.2
Voice Recognition and Speech Recorded Wave Files To Text Converter...