November 1, 2012
All time downloads
Description of TightVNC 2.6
Free remote control software package
With TightVNC, you can see the desktop of a remote machine and control it with your local mouse and keyboard, just like you would do it sitting in the front of that computer. TightVNC is:
• free for both personal and commercial usage, with full source code available (GPL-licensed);
• useful in remote administration, remote customer support, education, and for many other purposes;
• cross-platform, available for Windows and Unix, compatible with other VNC software.
• File transfers in versions for Windows. You can updload files from your local machine to the TightVNC Server, and download files from the server to your computer.
• Support for video mirror driver (Windows 2000 and above). TightVNC Server can use DFMirage mirror driver to detect screen updates and grab pixel data in a very efficient way, saving processor cycles for other applications.
• Scaling of the remote desktop (viewer for Windows and Java viewer). You can view the remote desktop in whole on a screen of smaller size, or you can zoom in the picture to see the remote screen in more details.
• Efficient "Tight" encoding with optional JPEG compression. New Tight encoding is optimized for slow and medium-speed connections and thus generates much less traffic as compared to traditional VNC encodings. Unlike other encodings, Tight encoding is configurable via compression levels and JPEG image quality setting.
• Enhanced Web browser access. TightVNC includes a greatly improved Java viewer with full support for Tight encoding, 24-bit color mode, and more. The Java viewer applet can be accessed via built-in HTTP server like in the standard VNC.
• Support for two passwords, full-control and read-only. The server allows or disallows remote keyboard and mouse events depending on which password was used for authentication.
• Automatic SSH tunneling on Unix. The Unix version of TightVNC Viewer can tunnel connections via SSH automatically using local SSH/OpenSSH client installation.
TightVNC video preview
You need to upgrade your Flash Player
What is new in version 2.6
• Java Viewer: Built-in SSH tunneling via the JSch library.
• Java Viewer: Saving history and connection options, auto completing the connection form with the last session parameters.
• Java Viewer: Fixed a problem with erroneous message ("Connection error: cannot write 16 bytes") appearing after pressing Close in the authentication dialog.
• Java Viewer: Fixed a bug with the viewer not showing remote screen when ShowControls option was set to 'no'.
Add your review
Top popularity in Network