WinCatalog 2012 3.6
August 11, 2012
All time downloads
License / Price
Description of WinCatalog 2012 3.6
Disk cataloguer software with extended functionality
WinCatalog 2009 indexes discs, files and folders for finding files and data without having to reach for the original CD or DVD. Stop wasting time looking for a tune or movie stored on a hundred’s disc from your growing collection! Simply process your CDs and DVDs with WinCatalog once, and you’ll be able to find any file from the collection in a matter of seconds!
WinCatalog knows about everything stored on your discs by keeping a local database with information about all files and folders. The organizer extracts MP3 tags, indexes documents and HTML files, scans the content of ZIP and RAR archives, extracts EXIF information from digital pictures, and even retrieves Audio CD track names from the Internet.
• Ability to catalog any storage devices accessible from Windows environment.
• Ability to catalog individual folders on disks.
• Automatic extraction of archive file descriptions when scanning a disk.
• Scanning archives contents and adding archives to the catalog as folders.
• Support of ZIP, RAR, SFX RAR and multipart RAR archives.
• Automatic extraction of mp3, html file descriptions when scanning a disk.
• Automatic extraction of EXIF tags from digital photographs.
• Retrieval of Audio CD track names from Internet CD database (freedb.org).
• Support of non-file items: it is enabling you to catalog your books, videos or even postage stamps and coins!
• Individual comments for each item: disk, folder or file.
• Ability to manage your collection between virtual folders using DragnDrop.
• Each item is associated with a set of keywords to increase the search relevancy.
• The catalog can be searched by file name, comment and keywords, date and size.
• Powerful search functionality: ability to use AND, NOT, OR operators and wildcards.
• Ability to search the entire catalog or an individual disk.
• Ability to find duplicates by all or any of the search criteria.
• When the disk data is updated, the previously entered comments and keywords are preserved.
• Ability to delete from the catalog the unnecessary files and folders.
• Handy management of the lent disks.
• Ability to export and import parts of collection and the list of contacts.
• Ability to generate reports.
• Ability to generate HTML reports for sending to someone, publishing on the Web or printing.
• Ability to export any folder to .CSV file (comma separated values) for opening catalog in MS Excel or other applications.
• Ability to automatically open the last catalog when the application is started.
• Ability to automatically create backup copies of your collection files.
What is new in version 3.6
The main new feature of the new version is the new thumbnail view for your files. The progress dialog for the scanning process is updating once per a second now (instead of updating statistics on processing every single file like it was done previously). This may help to scan large drives a little bit faster on some computers
Add your review
Top popularity in Other Utilities Apps
Empower your PSP with Windows XP installation
Script engine to run projects developed by several authors