May 20, 2013
All time downloads
Description of WinSCP 5.1.5
SFTP client for Windows using SSH
WinSCP is an open source SFTP client and FTP client for Windows. Its main function is the secure file transfer between a local and a remote computer. Beyond this, WinSCP offers basic file manager functionality. It uses Secure Shell (SSH) and supports, in addition to Secure FTP, also legacy SCP protocol.
WinSCP is also available as a plugin to two file managers, FAR and Servant Salamander.
• Graphical user interface
• Translated into several languages
• Integration with Windows (drag&drop, URL, shortcut icons)
• U3 support
• All common operations with files
• Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol
• Batch file scripting and command-line interface
• Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
• Integrated text editor
• Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
• Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
• Explorer and Commander interfaces
• Optionally stores session information
• Optionally supports portable operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
What is new in version 5.1.5
• New !P pattern to include process ID into session log path.
• Logging file timestamps when transferring using SFTP protocol.
• Workaround for servers that do not acknowledge file transfer.
• Logging parsed directory listing on Normal logging level (previously on Debug 1 level).
• Bug fix: Failure when disposing Session of .NET assembly in process running with restricted privileges.
• Bug fix: open command record in logs with masked-out password did not contain the command name.
• Bug fix: Pointless attempt to update source file timestamp, when uploading with FTP protocol.
• Bug fix: Preserve timestamp checkbox was not available for uploads with FTP protocol.
• Bug fix: Failure when server does not acknowledge file upload with FTP protocol.
• Bug fix: Failure when creating local directory.
• Bug fix: When user cancels connection, authentication window is not closed.
• Bug fix: Build script was not working on 64-bit.
• Bug fix: Build script was calling non-existing target clean.
• Bug fix: Taskbar button does not flash, when message pops up, while WinSCP is on background.
• Bug fix: Custom command pattern !/ had incorrect value when executed on existing secondary shell session just after directory change. 989
• Bug fix: Failure when reconnecting session with automatic remote panel refresh enabled.
• Bug fix: Failure when canceling FTP password prompt.
• Bug fix: When Change stored password to this one option is checked on password prompt, password is not updated for current session.
• Bug fix: Mouse range selection does not start from focused file after directory reload.
• Bug fix: IP address range 172.16-172.31 was not detected as unroutable for FTP passive mode. 1
• Bug fix: Remote panel state is lost after closing Console window.
• Bug fix: Failure when reading file into internal editor.
Add your review
Top popularity in FTP
Securely share, manage, and distribute files over the internet