Windows Firewall Control 184.108.40.206
October 11, 2012
All time downloads
Description of Windows Firewall Control 220.127.116.11
Easy to use management tool for Windows Firewall
Windows Firewall Control is a small and easy to use application that runs in your system tray and provides quick access to the most frequent options used from Windows Firewall.Microsoft Windows Vista and Windows 7 have already a built in default, free and powerfull firewalls, but unfortunately, they lack a simple interface to define own simple rules and can be difficult sometimes to configure them the right way.
And here comes to help you, Windows Firewall Control, which is a small, intuitive and easy to use program that runs in taskbar, next to the system clock, and provides quick access to the most frequent options used from Windows Firewall, in all versions of Windows Vista and Windows 7.
Windows Firewall Control offers access to four filtering modes, each with their own status icon in system tray:
• High Filtering - All outgoing connections are blocked. Neither of programs can not initiate outgoing connections. This setting blocks all attempts to connect to and from your computer. With this setting, you aren't notified when Windows Firewall blocks programs, and programs in the list of allowed programs are ignored.
• Medium Filtering - Outgoing connections that do not match a rule are blocked. Only programs you allow can initiate outgoing connections. If you want to allow a program to communicate through the firewall, you can add it to the list of allowed programs. For example, you might not be able to send photos in an instant message until you add the instant messaging program to the list of allowed programs.
• Low Filtering - Outgoing connections are allowed. You can block the programs you do not want to allow to initiate outgoing connections. If you want to block a program to communicate through the firewall, you can add it to the list of blocked programs. For example, you might want to block an instant messaging program so just add the program to the list of blocked programs.
• No Filtering - Windows Firewall is turned off.
Avoid using this setting unless you have another firewall running on your computer. Turning off Windows Firewall might make your computer (and your network, if you have one) more vulnerable to damage from hackers and malicious software.
• Just one small size executable file, all features are packed in the same single executable file. The same executable file is the setup program as well the program itself, and has only 305 KB.
• Easy to use, intuitive menus placed right next to your system clock, which allows you to configure easily Windows Firewall.
• Quick access to Windows Firewall and Windows Firewall with Advanced Security from Control Panel.
• Predefined rules for Internet Explorer, Remote Desktop Connection and Windows Update, with simple buttons within the program interface.
• Allow or block a program to connect through Windows Firewall with just a few mouse clicks.
• Quick access to user rules defined with possibility to delete them with one single mouse click.
• Automatically starts with Windows.
• Ability to quick reset to default Windows Firewall settings.
• Protection to uninstallation accidentally the program when is locked with a password.
• Import and export the policies of the program, helping you to keep your program settings, and not to configure them again everytime you reinstall the program (registered users only).
• Lock the current configuration with a password. Useful if you don't want other users to change your settings you have made in the program (registered users only).
• Reset a forgotten password used to lock the configuration of the program (registered users only).
Requirements for Windows Firewall Control 18.104.22.168
.NET Framework 3.5
Add your review
Top popularity in Antivirus