YAFPC Appliance 7.03
February 10, 2011
All time downloads
License / Price
Description of YAFPC Appliance 7.03
Network PDF server. Create PDF/A compliant documents
YAFPC-Appliance is a Network PDF Server running on a Linux Life System. Any PC can act as a PDF-Printserver which provides an unlimited number of network shared virtual PDF-Printers. No operating system or other software installation is required. While the system requirements are low, any older PC can be used. System configuration can be done via a Web browser from any workstation in Your network. Virtual shared printers can be configured to apply letterheads, watermarks and appendixes to all printed documents. After printing a document is sent to its owner by mail or can be accessed in a shared folder on the server.
The deployment of this package is quite simple: simply grab the ISO, burn it on a disc, use it for booting, then configure the printers and start printing PDF files.
• Easy installation: The CD-ROM contains a complete Operating System that can be booted on every PC. Automatic hardware recognition and automatic installation of all required software components are done without any user interaction.
• No client installation required: Each time a client accesses a Network Shared PDF Printer on the YAFPC-Appliance PDF Server the first time, the required printer driver is installed automatically to the clients workstation.
• No user account management required: Each time a user accesses a Network Shared PDF Printer on the YAFPC-Appliance PDF Server the first time, a user account is created "on the fly" and a network shared "home folder" is provided to this user. The user can access this folder to obtain her/his printed PDF Documents. Also an email account is created "on the fly". The PDF document is additionally sent to this email account.
• Unlimited number of network shared PDF Printers: The YAFPC-Appliance administrator can create an unlimited number of Network Shared PDF Printers via the easy to use Browser Interface for Administration. Each PDF Printer can be configured to apply page numbers, special letterheads, watermarks, cover pages and appendixes to each printed document and encrypt the document for protection against manipulations.
• Unlimited number of different letterheads, watermarks, cover pages and appendixes: The YAFPC-Appliance administrator can upload multiple files to the YAFPC-Appliance PDF Server to be assigned to each PDF Printer for composing documents.
• Easy creation of email aliases: For printed documents to be sent to the printing user, the user's email address is automatically created "on the fly" from her/his username and the given domain name. In case the usernames don't match their email addresses in a network, the YAFPC-Appliance administrator can create an email alias for each user. Aliases are of the form "alice: email@example.com".
Editor's review for YAFPC Appliance
YAFPC-Appliance is available on a bootable compact disc and is combined with the GPAS (General Purpose Appliance System) and features a very user friendly script for installation. Once you have installed this product, the PC will then act as a server for printing PDF files and may also share this virtual server with other printers online. It does not require a high end configuration but can be operated on an old PC also. You can take help from any browser on the Web to configure the PC. Virtual printers which are shared may be organized for application of watermarks, appendices, cover pages or even letterheads to all documents which may be printed on this virtual network of PDF printers.
There is the advantage of sending the printed document to the owner and also being able to save and store it to a file folder on a shared location on any other machine to be accessible for all. This entire process of deployment is very easy and all you have to do is to burn the image after downloading it and after running the installation and completing the configuration of the PDF printers, just print whatever you want.
The main feature of this software is that it is very easy to install. The bootable disc has loaded on it a stand alone OS which is capable of being booted on any computer and even the installation and recognition of hardware is done automatically by this program and you do not need any third party interference. There is no individual installation on the user’s computer because the maiden use by any user allows the YAFPC-Appliance program to recognize and install the drivers immediately.
Similarly, the maiden use allows an account for the user to be generated and a folder maintained for his or her use. There can be innumerable printers in this network and each printer has the ability to work as per its requirements.
The program also facilitates the creation of an e-mail ID to enable the user to send his PDF documents for printing on any of the network printers. The addresses are created from the name of the domain and the name of the user. In the instance that there is a mismatch between the addresses and the name of the user, then the Appliance has the capability to generate an alias for the user.
The only down side of this excellent Appliance is that it is not a freeware and you have to pay for its use. But the good news is that the damage is paltry at only $99 and you will get a permanent license, allowing you to use it for a number of unlimited users.
If you want to experience ease in linking up the printers and printing from various computers to network printers, the YAFPC-Appliance is a must-have!
What is new in version 7.03
Network shared virtual PDF printers can be setup to create PDF/A compliant documents now.
Add your review
Top popularity in Other Server Applications
Wamp Server with Apache MySQL PHP and SQLite